>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Reloading a New Laptop

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Reloading a New Laptop

Postby GOANRA » Sat May 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Just got a new laptop PC (with Win 7) since all the new ones are loaded with 'Win 8', which I heard is a real loser... so bad its even dropping MS stock prices, idiots.
Anyway, I found a new Acer with Win 7 + 8GB RAM, but have to transfer all my info into it...BIG job.

Just went to the 'Ammunition' Topic and copied all my ammo suppliers from my own 'Online Ammo Retailers:' post.
Fortunately, I don't need any ammo, but it is good to see there is a LOT of ammo out there, finally!
Not enough to lower prices to normal (PMC 5.56x45, 55 gr, FMJ) target stuff is still $0.85/ round, by the case. $0.78 for target grade .45acp, but plenty around.
I didn't count the steel case stuff, read too much research against it... ruining bbls at 7k rounds is too expensive for me.

Someone needs to kick-out some serious batches of .22lr, so we can all stay in practice, though.
I'll be going out to shoot some 5.56. .45acp, 38 spec, etc soon; but I'll buy new ammo for the day, because I ain't touching my stored ammo, that is being saved in case of a 'special occasion'.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Re: Reloading a New Laptop

Postby judgeparker » Sun May 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi GO congrats on the new pc. If i am planning a shooting trip I like to buy the ammo for the trip and cycle the old stuff out and shoot that. I'm not worried about my ammo getting old it's just something I like to do.
judgeparker

Postby GOANRA » Mon May 06, 2013 10:36 pm

I'm too old to worry about rotating my ammo, but if I go shooting I have to get a case of something since I just can't afford to pay the 'per-box'price', thesedays.
However, if I order a case of 5.56, that means I can shoot 1k rounds of anything I want... I just keep my total counts the same.
After 1k rounds, I'll just get a case of whatever I need to keep up the same ratio, more or less.

Fortunately, it doesn't take that much ammo to stay in practice.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby abaddon1234 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:38 pm

abaddon1234

Return to Gun Chatter