>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Ar15, availability...

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Ar15, availability...

Postby beltbuckle » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Hey all, its Been awhile!

Whats the AR market like in your area? SOLD OUT is the name of the game in Ohio...

I'd like to pick up another (or two) but I cant seem to find many and the ones still available have ridiculous price tags to them.

I could settle for a complete upper with a 14.5-16" barrel but the story is the same. The new stuff is sold out and the used stuff out there is marked up higher than I could buy it new...
beltbuckle

Re: Ar15, availability...

Postby lotsip81 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 am

BB, its been a long time.

It is exactly the same where I am currently located.....here in Washington State. There are no new ones to be had and used ones are 2-3 times what it should be.

Its just pure craziness!!!
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:22 am

Unfortunately I'm afraid this trend is going to last awhile. Hell, prices only recently leveled from the last scare only to find a new (and rightfully so) scare... This proposed "sensible" gun legislation worries me.

But even if nothing happens, the lead times for new (assault) weapons is over a year... Prices aren't coming down anytime soon...
beltbuckle

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:25 am

6 months ago I bought a sig ar for less than 1k new... I cant even find dpms or bushmaster (complete uppers) for less than $1200 new or used.... List on what I just mentioned is $5-600...
beltbuckle

Postby lotsip81 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 am

Unfortunately you are probably all too right with the prices and supply. As far as the "sensible gun ban" goes......well we all know how much sense it really makes.

I realize that supply and demand dictate prices to a degree, but it is getting just ridiculous. I just do not see how this isn't price gouging. As I said I realize supply and demand play a factor, however prices for materials, labor wages, and machining are also factors in pricing that should not be discounted.

It seems to me with demand being high it would be better off just to have a marginal price increase to offset the labor increase for the much higher demand. I have a feeling with the attitude in the country right now with so many people wanting them you would will sell a more rifles if there were able to keep them somewhat affordable than at the current price. Many people I know would love to pick one up but just cant afford the $2500-$3000 price tag.
lotsip81

Postby judgeparker » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Hey guys it's the same here in Arkansas no new and only an occasional overpriced used one. Went to the local gun show this past Saturday ammo was double priced and very few AR's. I saw a DPMS at a local gun store that was sold on consignment go for $1600.00 and the guy who owned it ground off the front a frame sight with a hand held grinder and left the nubs sticking up.
judgeparker

Postby lotsip81 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Well I went to the store and put one on order.....but we will see how long it takes to show up. I was told it could be anywhere from a week to 8 months. The market is just so backed up there is no telling the exact time frame. I was told it all depends on what manufacturer and model you order. Not to mention how many people may be in front of you on the list!!
lotsip81

Postby GOANRA » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:59 pm

I've been checkin' in at GunsAmerica & gunbroker.com, etc., and have seen a few decent deals getting through. Saw some decent brands, NIB, 2 mags, ~$1500.

Fortunately, I am good on ARs & ammo, but like to see, "What I could make in $."
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby abaddon1234 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 am

Hey guys it's the same here in Arkansas no new and only an occasional overpriced used one.
gclub เข้าไม่ได้
abaddon1234

Return to Off-Topic Chatter