>
Board Index Getting Started New User Introductions

Hello Fellow Shooters!!

Hello Fellow Shooters!!

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:46 pm

We've got a new section established to try and get to know each other better, so I guess I'll try and get it started. They call me Tig and I've been around going on 6 years, and I have seen a few administrations come and go and fortunately we've got a new group of like minded individuals that are as anxious as I am to see the GD take off again. I'd like to see all of the new members give us a short introduction when you can and I'm asking the "Guests" that keep checking in to register (hey, it's free!) and help us get back to the #1 position we held for many years! The knowledge of our membership was always second to none and we need all of your help and input to get that back.

I've been shooting for nearly 5 decades and enjoy sharing my experiences with anyone wanting to listen. I don't have a particular favorite in my gun safe, I love them all equally, ha!! I find myself enjoying target shooting more than most other shooting sports and would love to hear what attracts those of you new and old to the forum. I along with some friends have a small 200 yard range set up and we enjoy shooting steel, along with the occasional paper zombie and the elusive aluminum can! Unfortunately with the current political environment I'm forced to limit my trips to the range and that is a current world problem that really yanks my chain. I'm always willing to discuss the current political situation and I think you should already know which side of that fence I stand on. If you're not sure, I'm more than willing to talk about it. :evil:

I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, Eastern Washington to be exact. I absolutely love that part of the country, there is no place finer for hunting and fishing IMO. The environment and scenery is breathtaking. You should all take a trip across the North Cascade highway at least once in your life. God lives there, that I have no doubt. But my journey led me southeast to the great state of Florida over two decades ago and it's a world all unto it's own. I've learned an entirely new sporting environment that includes plenty of fishing, saltwater primarily and lobster diving is right up there at the top of my favorite things to do and eat! I've learned to enjoy some airboating through the Everglades and that my friends is a thrill I can hardly describe better than to say, "hold-on"!! Florida is quite an interesting place to live and as you all know if you have ever turned on the Weather Channel, we are generally 60 degree's warmer than anywhere north of Georgia! While many of you freeze and dig out from under the drifts of snow, I'm out by the pool or on by buddy's flats boat fishing for Snook or the wily Tarpon. It's a tough life for this Navy Veteran, but I wouldn't trade it for a new Colt Python, (well, I guess I'd have to think about that!! That's my dream gun).

Anyway, I hope to hear from all of our fellow shooters soon. Lets get this forum back on track and make it the best on the web! I look forward to hearing from all of you! 8-)

Best, Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Hello Fellow Shooters!!

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:09 am

Hello foks! I'm hoping to hear from you soon! Let's not let this opportunity to introduce each other go to waste. Trust me, I know how difficult it is to get these lines of communication moving forward. A few of us have been hoping for years to return this website/forum back to it's former glory! We had a #1 forum working for us and while it lasted, we knew it. The problem was we started to get less involved, all the way across the membership!

I'm glad we've got an interested group now leading the way and I hope we can all support their efforts forward by supporting them and getting involved with each other. After all, we're in this together and have to continue to do so. We're in the fight of our lives right now and we have GOT to provide the support necessary (to each other) to make our voices heard again! It's obvious that our elected officials aren't going to help us retain them, let alone maintain our 2nd Amendment rights without a fight! We have to start using the First Amendment to speak for and about the Second! Don't believe for a moment that someone else is going to solve this political nightmare for you. Get up and get busy people, those fools in Washington DC aren't on our side! We need to do our best to assure a future for everyone by doing what we can now to make a positive difference tomorrow . Talk to you soon!

Best, Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby GOANRA » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:37 pm

I am Goanra. I agree with Tig about us getting together and then sticking together. Too many people have forgotten the absolute necessity of our 2nd Amendment and how it protects the rest of our rights.
Our Constitutional Rights we NOT given to us by the government we elected, They are Rights Inherent to 'ALL' U.S. Citizens. These rights are SELF EVIDENT, Unalienable, and Granted to us by our Creator. This means our 2nd Amendment Right is 'Off-Limits' to any government tampering. No legislation may tamper with a SELF EVIDENT and UNALIENABLE RIGHT. (Though those who wish to deprive us of our Liberty and Property will continue to try).
The "Right to KEEP and BEAR ARMS", in 18th century English, translates to "OWN and Carry our ARMS". (Many regimes inour government pass illegal legislation towards their goal in conquering us). We are the Last FREE Nation on This Earth. There is nowhere to go if we fall to corruption.
The First DUTY of all gun-owners is to STOP any attempt of a Tyrannical government from taking away ANY of our FREEDOMS. For the Military or Law Enforcement to own 'Better' weapons than, "We The People" is Intolerable.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LEGAL GUN CONTROL.
Like the Cold War, our weapons act as a dererrent to any Forcible Takeover of our Inherrent Rights.
Though we have multiple uses for our Firearms,(e.g. Hunting, Self Defense, Target Shooting, etc.), Our main use will always be to DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS !
Forums, such as this, allow good, law-abiding citizens to discuss our rights, and congregate one-with-another, in free association, as our SELF EVIDENT / UNALIENABLE 1st AMENDMENT so clearly states.
The 2nd Amendment was recognized in 1791 and remains the last legitimate discussion regarding Gun-Rights.
The GUN DEBATE WAS SETTLED IN 1791. King George was ousted and no TYRANNT(S) shall replace him.
I am a Patriot, and I can say GOD BLESS AMERICA anytime or anywhere I wish.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby JustBen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Hello All. I am simply just Ben. NRA Pistol Instructor and overall Gun and Self Defense Nut.
To add to what Goanra said about our 2A, if you read the drafts that lead to the final wording of this 1791 amendment, they consistently mention that the "people" should be armed instead of having a standing army. The dangers of having a government controlled standing army where very evident back then, and are becoming evident again in our generation. Stand tough folks.
JustBen

Postby JustBen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Just another 2A note. It mentions a "free state". Do not confuse this with the word "States". A free state in the 2A means a condition of freedom. To maintain this free condition, we the people must be armed, otherwise we will be subjugated and killed like in almost every other country throughout world history. Don't register them, and don't give them up, ever !
JustBen

Postby GOANRA » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 pm

JustBen speaks true, He knows his U.S. history better than most as his family was heavily involved in Creating this Nation. Many Heros in his family who fought in the Revolutionary Wars, and subsequent wars.

These are the types of 'Individuals' we need to run our Nation Today, not Anti-American Islamics who believe prosperity is printing and borrowing money (which must ALL be repaid).
We need Leaders who believe the U.S. Constituton indicates the "Unalienable Rights Granted by our 'Creator', which shall not be infringed upon. (especially by our government) and our 2nd Amendment "ENFORCES OUR CONSTITUTION"
We Will NEVER join the NWO of "ELITES & PEASANTS"!!!

The U.S. Citizens comprise the Largest Standing Army this Planet has Ever Known, We Will Not be Disarmed by ILLEGAL GUN CONTROL.
All Legislated Firearms Resrtictions are ILLEGAL according to our U.S. Constitution which states quite Cearly: "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".
REGISTERED WEAPONS ARE JUST A COLLECTION LIST FOR ANY REGIME WHO WISHES TO ENSLAVE US !!

NEW MEMBERS; WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU HERE and in ALL the FORUM'S TOPICS, PLEASE POST OFTEN. ASK, LEARN, TELL, & TEACH US ABOUT YOUR WEAPONS!
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to New User Introductions