>
Board Index Miscellany Off-Topic Chatter

Aging eyes

If you are not talking about firearms or weapons, do it here.

Aging eyes

Postby usvet1971 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Any tips on being able to focus on target and on the sights when using pistols? I have always kept both eyes open when shooting. Right now the sights are a blur when aiming. Thought about laser sights.
usvet1971

Postby JustBen » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:57 pm

I have a similar problem. What I have done is paint my front sights bright orange and my rear sights white.

www.brightsights.com

This helps tremendously whether you have declining vision or not. Secondly I have trifocal glasses that have no lines. I guess they call them blended. That works pretty well to be able to see distance and close up. Not perfect, but it does work better than not having them.
JustBen

Postby usvet1971 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Thank you, I will try that. Have you used Brightsights products? I guess it's easy to remove and change colors. I too have progressive lens, but it's almost time for a replacement. Thanks again.
usvet1971

Postby JustBen » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Yes. The paint from them is very good. Just clean off your sights with alcohol or something that does not leave a residue and then paint them. If you have tritium sights just paint around the tritium dot. Always have your front sights a different color than your rear ones.

Best of luck.
JustBen

Return to Off-Topic Chatter