>
Board Index Miscellany Local Activity

For NJ res getting pistol purchase permit, avg. ti

Discuss local gatherings, range days, clubs, gun shows, and other social get-togethers

For NJ res getting pistol purchase permit, avg. ti

Postby Rocket11213 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:35 am

With latest NJ gun laws, What is the average wait time for hand gun purchase permit? Also with application Does It automatically come with NJ FIREARMS I.D. Card? Or does one have to apply separate for Firearms I.D. card. which is also called NJ firearms I.D card and can purchase rifles /shotguns & carry to.

If have to also request the NJ Firearms I.D. card. is it best call local agency doing the handgun permit processing and let them know want also /or need a NJ firearms I.D. card. Or wait till go p/u the hand gun purchase permit and while there apply for the NJ firearms I.D. card. How long does it take to get that since Agency had just processed the handgun purchase permit?
Rocket11213

Postby Gloc9mm » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:19 am

Rocket, What reason are you giving to obtain a CCW in Jersey??

I know in NY, which was just as hard as Jersey when trying to obtain a CCW, I had to show proof that I was the owner and carried more than $5,000 in cash per week to the Bank, (1980) plus have a form filled out by the Bank Mgr. as well stating that. There are only a few reasons that will work and all must be proven.

If you are only giving "personal protection" as your reason for getting a CCW, don't waste your time and money, you won't get one.

Normally it takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months to get a CCW where they don't want you having one.

Do you need "Firearm I'D Cards" and "Purchase Permits" to get a Handgun in Jersey if you have a CCW?? Seems repetitive??
Gloc9mm

Postby Will_Carry » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:58 pm

The right of the people to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed. That seems like infringement to me.

I just had to say it. I know you Jersey folk get tired of hearing it.
Will_Carry

Postby Gloc9mm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:18 pm

""The right of the people to keep and bare arms shall not be infringed. That seems like infringement to me. ""

Unfortunately all States don't go by the same Constitution!

Kind of strange to me, but what can you do??
Gloc9mm

Postby Rocket11213 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 pm

First this is to Gloc9mm, On my post I had heard a associate of mine was applying for a pistol purchasing permit, And there was not mention also on application get NJ firearms I.D card, Which anyone who shoots knows need this Firearms I.D. card to buy ammo, and must show in order to even look at guns in the store. So my question was since been some yrs since my last purchase and I have my I.D card for many yrs, I never saw on purchase permit say few lines down chk box here if also want firearms I.D. card, personally if one does not have the I.D card it should be written in or the officer doing paper work with resident advised them about the need for the I.D card. and this all paper work done . who want to be told purchase permit in, then while there have now herd you need a firearms I.D card to buy ammo etc.

As for What can you do? regard NJ resident strict laws, I would hope they would get passes just as they did in other states, Doesn't NRA suppose to put pressure on the political to passed these bills. As of right now the only people I know can carry ccw law enforcement, Security guards, and P.I. and few folk carry large sums of money , on that one may been dropped , the other r only ones I am aware of, No Regular NJ Resident can carry. The people have to together and demand a law be passed as are so many other states passed there law, and crime rate has dropped, ccw all the people should have a right to carry ccw, long as there meet background check and pass NRA safety handling test and firing.
Rocket11213

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:41 am

The NRA and most probably all other pro-carry groups have tried for many yrs to pass new laws in the NE.

Unfortunately I sincerely doubt it will ever happen.
Gloc9mm

Return to Local Activity