>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

HB3125 Guns in bars bill passes 8-4 in TN

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

HB3125 Guns in bars bill passes 8-4 in TN

Postby dsclaiborne31 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:16 pm

For those of you wondering the HB3125 bill that allows permit holders to carry firearms into places that serve/sell alcohol for on site consumption just passed the senate 8-4 and has already passed the house 4-2. This bill cleared up the one that was supposedly unconstitutional and pretty much makes this bill air tight. That means now that within I think 90 days businesses either have to post per TCA blah blah blah carrying a firearm in this establishment is punishable by 500 dollar fine instead of using the international gun with the x through it. That means that either post correct or your not allowed to post at all.
dsclaiborne31

Postby Neverpanic1 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:03 am

Not sure if I'm ok with this.
Neverpanic1

Postby BrianB » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Having a firearm while drinking is certainly nothing to take lightly. It could be very easy for a person to suffer considerable consequences should they shoot someone even if they normally would be considered to have been perfectly justifiable in a different environment.

Still, I would not nearly be so worried about guns in a bar as I would be about drunks leaving the parking lot.
BrianB

Postby GOANRA » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:54 pm

I don't think it is wise to consume alcohol with a firearm.

However, going to a restaurant, that serves alcohol, does not mean you must consume any alcohol.

We do NOT need our 'government' deciding what's best for us or creating additional "Victim Zones" where BGs know the sheep are 'unarmed'.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby JustBen » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

This is a win for us law abiding citizens.
JustBen

Postby Doriadiver » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:31 am

I do not drink. However, I do frequent establishments to eat that serve liquor. In Florida it's a percentage thing if memory serves me correctly. I can't be bothered doing the math or trying to remember the % and thus enter "light" but not by choice.
Doriadiver

Postby g4l » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:53 am

What really ticks Me off is how the media reports this. They intentionally mislead the ignorant public into believing there will be a bunch of pistol packing drunks gathering together. It just allows a permit holder to eat at a damn restaurant that serves alcohol; doesn't mean he will be getting smashed! I believe most States forbid consumption while carrying a firearm anyway.
g4l

Postby Doriadiver » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:59 am

Pistol packing drunks sounds like a self correcting problem, no?
Doriadiver

Postby BrianB » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm

You are right G41, at least about Texas anyways. Drinking alcohol while carrying is not permitted. A person will loose their license, and if I remember correctly there can be legal consequences.

Sorry I don't remember specifically but that is because I don't plan on drinking and carrying. Hell, I hardly ever drink anywhere away from home. Usually I am the designated driver and rarely is there someone else willing to do it.

Anyways, the media always likes to put their own spin on things and I have seen them knowingly report things that are not facts at all, sometimes even out and out lie. All for a buck.
BrianB

Postby Doriadiver » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:49 am

True B. They say never let the truth get in the way of a good story and that is certainly the case here in SW Florida.
Doriadiver

Return to Concealed Carry