>
Board Index Serious Shooters Concealed Carry

Thoughts or Opionions?!

For those legally permitted to carry a weapon or wanting to obtain their concealed pistol license.

Postby warren_borg » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:01 am

Ah, found it, gosh that was a little easier than I thought. Ignatius Piazza is his name.
warren_borg

Postby BrianB » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:20 am

Yeah, I think many people here have heard of him and/or his company called Front Sight. Alot of people consider him really great, and perhaps he is, but I don't feel its necessary to go to Vegas to get high quality training. There are many good instructors everywhere, you just have to find them. Here in my area I like a company called Lone Star.

I am curious though, you said you are in Canada and they don't allow carrying, correct? Are you looking to move to the US? If so, what area are you looking to go to?
BrianB

Postby warren_borg » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Sorry BrianB, I should have been more specific. In Canada, conceal carry is allowed but only to a select few who have met the requirements, having their life threatened or are in imminent danger or if one is on the path to law enforcement. No regular person can apply for a permit just to have it. Sure sucks.
warren_borg

Postby BrianB » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:05 am

That does suck. Do you meet one of those requirements?

Speaking only on the subject of concealed carry, I would think it best to find someone in Canada that is familiar with Canadian law to receive training from rather than someone in the US that is using a different set of rules.

As to other forms of training though, maybe it would be worth it to you if he is that great. I rather have my doubts but have no first hand experience. Like I said earlier though, I would think you could find someone equally as good either there in Canada or much closer to the boarder to get training from.

Certainly, whether concealed carry is involved or not, it in very valuable to have training when handling a gun.
BrianB

Previous

Return to Concealed Carry