>
Board Index Serious Shooters Collectors

john manton shotgun

Get down and dirty talking about vintage and antique firearms.

john manton shotgun

Postby re22hornet » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:31 pm

I found an old muzzel loading percussion cap double barrel shotgun while cleaning out an old shed. The lock is marked JOHN MANTON. I removed stock and found crown stamps on underside of barrels, also the initials M & MR, and both barrel marked 13, which is probably bore/guage. Can anyone tell me about this gun and if its worth anything?
re22hornet

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Your shotgun isn't listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values. I did some Google searchs and there seems to be alot of available information there. I've read that there are alot of fake Manton shotguns during that period of time. People tried to fool people into buying them by using Manton's name. You need to authenticate it to determine what you've got. The websites I've seen have posted pictures of the disassembled gun pointing out the serial no., proof marks, etc. I think it could be a valuable find if it's a real Manton.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Collectors