>
Board Index Serious Shooters Military & Police

Connecticut State Trooper

Discuss assualt and tactical techniques, law enforcement, militia, and other combat and security topics.

Connecticut State Trooper

Postby RoninFO » Mon May 05, 2008 11:21 am

I am looking for some help, I have looked online and I know different state have their state troopers carry diffferent weapons does anyone know what they carry in Connecticut?

I am looking to work on my shooting before I apply, I am in the military so have worked with alot of weapons just have not spent alot of time with pistols. thanks for any help
RoninFO

Postby g4l » Mon May 05, 2008 1:55 pm

My Buddy's Cousin is a CT. Trooper and carry's a Sig229 .40.

While I don't personally own one, Ive fired the model many times and it's a fantastic firearm.

Good luck and remember.....if You pull Me over for speeding I'm a fan of verbal warnings!lol
g4l

Postby RoninFO » Mon May 05, 2008 2:26 pm

hey thanks alot, and ill remember that
RoninFO

Postby RoninFO » Wed May 07, 2008 8:06 am

I'm suprized that State Troopers/Local Police aren't carring something with a little more poster than .40. Here in Alabama, the local mall town police all carry .45 1911 (pretty sure they are Kimbers) and a shotgun (Mossberg, no choke) in the care. The county Sheriffs and deputies carry .45, shotguns, and just been issued M4 Bushmasters shooting .223, out of 30 round magazines.

Why do cops need this kind of firepower, when I live in a EXTREMLY rual area. The 2nd largest county in Alabama, and there ain't nothing to do but hunt & fish. Kind of scary that these cops are running around with that kind of fire power. But at the same time we know out boys are well protect and ready for anything.
RoninFO

Postby Muzacdude » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:58 am

Especially in rural areas are where LEO's need the most fire power! I work for a city department, and I know on any given shift, if things start to go bad, I will have another officer with me within 2 minutes, tops. For the county agency where I live, they probably have as many deputies working at the same time as we have officers, but they are spread out over an area about 5-8 times as large. I would want a weapon that when I use it, it would be the end of the conflict until other help arrives. .45 will do that from short distances, M4's will take care of the long distance.

If I were you 240, i'd worry less about the sheriff's dept, and wonder what kinda mall you're going to when the rent-a-cops are rockin' .45's!
Muzacdude

Postby Muzacdude » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:59 am

Well, when I'm in a mall...Muzacdude I'm not worried. I have a CCW and generally carry a HK USP .45 ACP and a CZ 75 9mm (now I have obtain another CZ 75, so I've been carring the 2 CZs).

I'm not sure what kind of "Fire Fight" a county sheriff would run into and need a auto-matic rifle. That scares me...why can't I have a fully auto-matic rifle too? I can get the same rifle, but only in semi-automatic form. My opinion...if it makes the county cops safe and do their job better, then so be it. That's all I have to say about that.
Muzacdude

Return to Military & Police