>
Board Index Serious Shooters Military & Police

Why is a police officers life worth more than mine

Discuss assualt and tactical techniques, law enforcement, militia, and other combat and security topics.

Postby smith6906 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:23 am

but in NO WAY do i believe a criminals life is more important than an LEO, i would waste a BG in a heartbeat to save a LEO that was in trouble.
smith6906

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:27 am

I appreciate your response and your opinion regarding this issue. It is certainly a hot bed topic and always will be for some. Especially those that choose to place the value of any criminals life with that of all those that choose to live a law abiding life. If a "BG" wants to receive equal treatment under the law and under the eye of God, they need to live a life worthy of that respect. Until such time, they hold no such equality in my mind and until they atone for their crimes against God and Humanity they hold no level of importance in my opinion. It's not a matter of wasting a BG to save the life of a LEO or Civilian. I firmly believe that it is a simple choice of who's Constitutional Rights are more important when weighing the value of the Good Guy vs. the Bad Guy. There is absolutely no justifiable comparison. If the BG is bad and the GG is good, then the value of the BG takes second place every single time. I see absoutely no gray zone whatsoever.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby smith6906 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:50 am

but what about when you pin up the GG's worth against the LEO's worth, thats where i find the problem, as i said . im an SEO, i have a smaller jurisdiction, mine runs at 48 private businesses and 14 private homes. But the company i work for contracts through the local PD here, they assign us to tasks when they are overloaded, we respond to dom violence calls, D&D's, peeping toms, stalkers, assaults.

we just have a different badge and patch on our arms.

We get basicaly the same salary. take basicaly the same oath *with a few diff words*. we even carry the same equiptment, have the same uniforms. and drive the same model and color patrol cars.

but as the OP said, they dont need a permit, i have to renew mine every 6 months. they get body armor, its illegal for me to wear it. They get discounts at Cabella's on ammuniton, have full auto M-4's and 10 guage shotguns. They are allowed to purchase more than 4 firearms in a 30 day period.......im not. we do the same job, deal with the same people, get shot at by the same people, i've been stabbed twice. if i had body armor i wouldnt have the scars on my chest and stomach that i do........why do they get what i dont?

when it really boils down to it......most people would say that the LEO's life is worth more than mine as an SEO *security enforcement officer*.

Because his arm patch says "police" and mine says "security" he is automaticaly more important and if it came down to it, i would be left to die while he was rushed to safety.

that is where i see the problem. as i said before tig. a human life is a human life.

He gets paid more, and has a different title, and a bit more power. but other than that were the same guy. why should he deserve to live when i dont? i dont get it .
smith6906

Postby beltbuckle » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:57 am

I think it's amusing that we as individuals believe a criminals life is worth nothing and they deserve to die, however we as a society often treat them better than we do our fellow law abiding man or woman.

My stance on this is; criminals can FOAD! A LEO's life is no more important than my own and certainly nowhere near as important to me as my familys lives.

A LEO chooses his career, knowing what could happen and what he may have to deal with. Now I'm not cop bashing here, I respect the law and the people who enforce it but at the same time that doesn't make them any better than you or I.

P.S. I work with a few LEO agencys including the State patrol and the Sherrifs department on a daily basis. Many of the officers are my friend. They'd take a bullet for me as would I for them. If nothing else I enjoy their storys of our society's idiots!
beltbuckle

Postby smith6906 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:37 am

+1 to beltbuckle lol i just cant stand the people that say "oh your a SEO, that cop is more valuable" i would take a round for any officer in my town, i know them all very closely as personal friends, and i knwo they would do the same for me..........but the general public would say otherwise lol
smith6906

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Smith I get the impression that you think I'm placing more value on [any] LEO's life than any other law abiding individual. I believe that no criminals life is worth more than any LEO's, private or public. Nor is it worth as much as any law abiding citizen's life. Perhaps comparing them like they are or aren't "worth" something is hard to understand for some. Anyone that chooses to live a life of crime is significantly less valuable to society than is any law abiding citizen. A criminal makes a choice and that choice strips him of any rights in my world. That choice immediately makes all law abiding citizens lives more valuable than theirs. People make a conscious choice of good or evil, right or wrong. If they choose to walk down the wrong (evil) path, they can and should expect it in return.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby GOANRA » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:17 pm

A LEO has a "Sworn Duty" to walk into harm's way. A private citizen does NOT.

A LEO can be sued into bankruptcy [and are] for failing to perform their duties. Thus, the government allows them the 'tools' required to act on the public's behalf.

However, to be technical, the 'government' [our elected representatives] have no legal basis for limiting "any" type of firearm or ammo. This is an "inalienable right endowed by our creator", no human has the authority to alter our 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Such Gun-Control measures are not legal. "We The People" must remedy this situation through electing proper representatives & leaders and giving our resources to the NRA, etc., who will help get legislation passed to correct the errors of the past.

NOW is the time to get very serious or lose even more rights.

When the government stops fearing the people, we are doomed.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby judgeparker » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:40 pm

goanra

you said a mouthful an a few words and I agree be ever watchful of your government.
judgeparker

Postby Madtahder » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:16 pm

As an Officer I understand the question of why is there a more stricked punishment for assaulting an officer apossed to assaulting a regular citizen. But its because we have to put our lives in danger, and the same goes for teachers and other public servants. Assaulting a teacher is the same as assaulting a LEO or security guard. A teacher has a duty to teach kids! But some kids like where I work have been known to assault teachers! And the teacher cannot fight back! So the higher punishments are in place to ensure the safety of our public servants and to deter people from causing them harm! Its not a matter of being more important. It a matter of safety and protection. I hope this clarifies the issue.
Madtahder

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Thanks Madtahder and welcome to the forum. You are one of many members here that pin a badge on daily and will always have a platform to speak their minds and be forever welcome to do it. You make a valid point, all public servants deserve support and protection to fulfil their daily responsibilities. I do believe that those same public servants, do indeed hold a special place of importance and will forever have my support when performing their duties. It's the right thing to do!

tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Military & Police