>
Board Index Serious Shooters Competition

Do we have any Competition Shooters here?

Talk with others interested in local competitions or involved in IPSC, IDPA, or other competition shooting.

Do we have any Competition Shooters here?

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:22 am

If so, please give us a description of your competition, who it's sanctioned by and what you like best about it.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby roadmap » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Just started in bullseye competition with a 22lr. Looking to get a centerfire/45 for 2700 matches. I also got my start with a club under a personal achievement atmosphere. Looking at this blog to share thoughts.
roadmap

Postby oldsarge » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:16 pm

I have been shooting steel challenge matches for the past several yrs. I really have fun. Don't know the difference in all the sanctioning bodies, but Dallas Pistol Club has some called steel challenge and metal mania.(maybe USPSA style) Tigwelder just answered a question about red dots for a Glock 17. I'm looking to shoot the Pro-Am in Tulsa with a buddy this July. Any advice would be great.
oldsarge

Postby roadmap » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:29 pm

I just shot my first 900. As with anything new, I was first distracted trying to make sure I everything right, no errors, keeping every thing safe, and making sure I got off all my shots. The first two strings were horible, but as I settled down, I improved. A 679 for my first competition I was satisfied with considering the initial low strings and no practice the past week due to the eastern snow storms we had. I just signed up for my second competition in two weeks, looking to improve. I am addicted and cannot wait until spring for 2700 matches. I did need to figure out my equipment? Any suggestions for centerfire and 45s.
roadmap

Postby drpdw » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:36 pm

I just shot in my first GSSF meet (amateur/civilian category) with my Glock 26 and had a wonderful experience! This was my first competition and my first time ever shooting outdoors! Whereby I was pretty accurate in my shooting, I was very methodical and slower than most. I still managed, however, to rank decently, all factors considered. It was a great experience and I plan on going to another GSSF event this fall! I would encourage all Glockers to do the same. I was a little disappointed to see so very few other women at the event, but learned a lot from the men who were all very friendly, non-patronizing, and very anxious to share their expertise with me.

-drpdw
drpdw

Postby MajSU » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:52 pm

MajSU

Postby fahadkhalid » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:15 am

Hi everyone, I am a competition shooter, from Pakistan. I basically shoot, one hand pecision target at 25 mtrs (82 feet). Precision shooting is an up and comming sport in my country. Good to be a part of this forum
fahadkhalid

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:18 am

Welcome to the forum fahadkhalid! We don't have many international members and look forward to sharing your stories and knowledge. Tell us more when you get the chance. What type of firearm and caliber do you use? What other types of competition do you have in your area? Let us know!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Do we have any Competition Shooters here?

Postby GOANRA » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:34 pm

I shot Combat in LE for many years in the MPCPA.

It takes tons of practice and an unlimited supply of ammo to compete against the best in a State-wide competition.
My Agency was my sponsor, otherwise I never could have afforded the ammo, etc.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to Competition