>
Board Index Serious Shooters Competition

STI Pistols, am I missing something?

Talk with others interested in local competitions or involved in IPSC, IDPA, or other competition shooting.

STI Pistols, am I missing something?

Postby NCCCCWteacher » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:48 am

When I go to any practial pistol shoot I allways see STI pistols in the hands of "experianced" shooters. They can cost a lot of money, $3000 is normal and $5000 is what I have been told one "all-the-way" could cost. My question is this: Why do they allways malfunction? I allways see thim being cleared on during a course of fire. And then the guys allways are cleaning the mags after they shoot. AND I have heard guys talking about "tuning" them in. That much money for something that needs so much TLC???? WHAT?? My Glock cost me $550. No tuning, no cleaning between stages and it will eat/shoot anything(all ammo works in it) Even my 14 year old son said "thoes guns are too much trouble" So whats the deal? Am I just shooting with morons who don't know how to operate there equipment or are thoes pistols that hard to use? If they ARE that hard to use, why have one? I have never seen a stock Glock malfunction, ever. I know reloaded ammo probibaly plays a big part in the issue. So if "winning" means so much that they are willing to spend that much money on the gun, why not use factory ammo? At $14 a box for 40S&W thats $42 for 150 rounds and all of the clubs I shoot at are never more that that for the total round count. I teach people how to reload and know all about the cost. In this case it makes as much sence as putting a $49 scope on a thousand dollar rifle.
NCCCCWteacher

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:02 am

Certainly makes you wonder what they're thinking, doesn't it?
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Competition