>
Board Index Serious Shooters Competition

Top Shot

Talk with others interested in local competitions or involved in IPSC, IDPA, or other competition shooting.

Top Shot

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:04 am

I've been watching the show and the various competitions they set up. I would love to have a paid vacation to that location, with all the various weapons they make available to the contestants. What are some of your views on the show? This last season was by far the nastiest when talking about the personal relationships of the shooters. The incident(s) were associated with the member named Jake, the former Navy Seal. I don't remember the last time I came across someone as rude and narcissistic as he. I was pleased when he quit. How did that moron finish BUDS and Hell Week and then quit during a competition like the show represents? I felt embarrassed for him even though he didn't seem to be!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:44 am

I liked the first season, but lately I find myself skipping over it. I read about all the drama, and personally feel it is written in to gain viewers. I guess they need that type of drama to attract all the non-gun toting women?? Personally I never did like the knife/hatchet/rock throwing portions of the show though.

I can't remember the name at the moment, but it's the same way lately with that "Red Jacket Firearms" TV show.

I bought my AR-15 from them many yrs before they were on TV, and they are very good as well as competitively priced. But they ended this season leaving everyone to wonder if the "helper" will ever end up going out with Will's (the owner) daughter or not! lol Too much personal info for me!

All the added drama this last season will make me go right by both next yr.
Gloc9mm

Postby eisen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:54 pm

i liked the high quality video and camera angles, and the props are getting better each season, they don"t need the drama ,the other program has interesting design and building stuff, i like the inovation that Red Jacket does for their customers
eisen

Postby Gloc9mm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:51 pm

That show "American Guns" is pretty good so far! They are very informative and do a lot of building from scratch, I find it very interesting. The only problem is when they try to add drama by having the owner teach his "Gunsmith's" basic items having to do with Guns. It's obvious they should already know these answers, especially being trained gunsmith's, but they try to make the owner look like he saved the day in each show! lol
Gloc9mm

Return to Competition