>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Reloading

Availability?

For reloaders and related equipment such as presses, dies, trimmers, scales, and bullet molds.

Availability?

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm curious to know how many of you have gotten into reloading since this latest run on ammunition? Here in Florida it's gotten nearly impossible to purchase ammunition or the equipment to reload it. I've got an old .45acp Lee Loader (one at a time) and believe it's time to get it back out and start tap, tapping away! An earlier post I left mentioned a problem I had occasionally where a vigorous primer placement would end up in a startling explosion! I guess I'll have to work on my technique! Surprisingly though it's an easy and inexpensive way to reload. You can load a box of 50 pretty quick and if I can do that for a third the price of a retail box, I think that's time well spent! What are the rest of you doing to combat these current shortages? :?:
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Availability?

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:48 pm

A buddy gave me a couple of Lee Loaders last week and I've been looking for parts to get them running. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might track down Lee parts? I need powder discs for a progressive and the rams for a turret press. I've got dies for the .45acp and .44 Special. I'd like to get my hands on 9mm X 19 and .40 S&W if you know where I might find them. :?:

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Availability?

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:09 am

I've found a few dies on EBay but damn they're gouging just as much as the manufacturers are! I'm really disappointed in the people that have decided to go that route instead of helping out a fellow shooter that is in the same bind that most of us find ourselves in. If one of you "gougers" are reading this, you're a disgusting slug that will get what's coming to you. Karma still works and you'll deserve it. I guess you can tell I don't think much of people that pull this kind of shit. I just attended a gun show and was amazed at the low life's that made the attempt to do this to all of us in attendance. Every aisle had another one or two or three creeps just waiting for someone that really needed some ammo or a part for their AR. The real prize was for rimfire ammo. Had one jerk with a brick of 500 22LR, he wanted $100.00! I honestly don't know how he lasted the entire show. Everyone that walked by that asshole had something nasty to say to him and rightly so. I would've enjoyed seeing someone dump them all over the floor but then I guess that would've been a safety problem I wouldn't approve of. There was also another dude trying to get $70.00 for a box of 333. He got the same treatment.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day that our current government will wake to the damage they're responsible for. I'm seeing on a daily basis the destruction both sides are responsible for, to each other, the founding documents and to every law abiding citizen in this country. I pray that our government see's the error in it's way and stops their unconstitutional actions immediately! Only then will we see our supplies of these items return!! God Bless America...

tigwelder56

Return to Reloading