>
Board Index Gear and Ammo Gunsmithing

Ruger Mark II Question

Discuss cleaning or modification of your weapon in order to maintain or upgrade reliability and performance.

Ruger Mark II Question

Postby Ratsass » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:06 am

I recently aquired a Mark II ten inch bull target model. The gun shoots about 2 inches high at 25 yards. The adjustable sights will not go low enough to bring to point of impact on target. I've cranked the rear sight as low as it will go, but still the gun shoots high.

Is there anything I can do aside from new sights to correct this problem. Gun is dead on at 50 yards but of course most of my shooting is closer than that. Other than replacing the sights or shooting low, are there any other options?
Ratsass

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:58 am

Cut the rear sight lower or raise the elevation of the front. You can also change the sights completely, new iron or a red dot. The only other choice you have is to compensate with your current equipment. Can't recommend much else!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Ratsass » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the imput though.
Ratsass

Postby buddahmicv64 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:47 am

Are these sights a set screw or a side-sight. If a set screw try a litte shorter screw. The screw could be to long to bring the sights down for shorter ranges..
buddahmicv64

Return to Gunsmithing