>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

ATI lower/Chiappia 22lr upper

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

ATI lower/Chiappia 22lr upper

Postby judgeparker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 pm

I bought myself a new rifle it's an ATI aluminum lower with a Chiappa 22 lr upper. The lower is a standard AR lower so it can work as a replacement lower. The upper is a dedicated 22 lr with an m4 style barrel A2 style flash hider and A post front sight with bayonet lug. It is a flat top with a quadrail hand guard. This thing is a lot of fun and chap to shoot. With the current unavailability of 5.56/223 I can still practice running my AR . I looked at the Smith and Wesson 15/22 and the Mossberg ar style but opted for this so I could run my lower on it for practice. :D
judgeparker

Re: ATI lower/Chiappia 22lr upper

Postby GOANRA » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Hey Judge, good to hear from you. A lot of folks are going to the .22lr uppers so they can afford to shoot.
Just an FYI:
Check your Chiappa upper for a RFID chip, they and Rhino implant the in their firearms. The company says they are for 'inventory' purposes, but soe say the passive devices can be scanned by satellite.

The Chiappa & Rhino handguns from Italy put them under the left handgrip. Vert easy to remove as they don't make an effort to hide them.

I had the same idea regarding the .22lr upper, but I can't find any .22lr ammo in my area... at a semi-reasonable price.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby judgeparker » Sun May 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Hey GO I have kinda busy with my grandson and all but I'm still around. Occasionally i run onto a little 22 lr but it is still scarce. But it nice to see some AR's back on the shelves at reasonable prices.
judgeparker

Postby GOANRA » Mon May 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Hey Judge, Good to see you back on the site. I near got a chiappa .22 1911 a couple months ago, but managed to regain my composure. It was hefty enough to be adequate practice for my .45s
I really liked the OD Green finish, though.

Nice to see most the popular firearms in stock. Plenty of ammo, except .22lr, but still a bit pricey.
I'm good on ammo, but I buy whatever I shoot... won't cut into my current supply.
Notice BudsGunShop.com has 3-4 ARs under $1k and a couple chrome-lined DoubleStars under $900.
Those are some A+ shooters.

I'm really missin' my .22 shootin' at the moment.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to Rifles