>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Ruger SR-556 Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Postby whitehood » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:15 am

What did you find out? I have to agree on the WTF about the trigger, especially since the entire bolt carrier group was replaced. I"ve noticed on their web site that they are selling uppers now and I suspect that that A) sales are not what they expected and B) this might be an attempt to part with some of Bushmaster's business, as there is little if any waiting for uppers from them and they are of good quality and pricing. Before the Tuscon shooting there were just too many AR type manufacturers out there and some of them were going to go under. We will have to see if the Kenyan will give them a new lease on life.
whitehood

Postby St8Shooter » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:58 pm

I'll have to wait till later in the week. I didn't have time to contact them. I have niticed a groove carved out of the face of the trigger they installed. but I have questions.
St8Shooter

Postby 96Cube » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 am

I'm trying to decide on what AR to buy. There are a million out there to choose from. I'm willing to spend a little money if its worth it. Some of the issues I've herd about piston systems (carrier tilt) have me questioning what to do. I really like the Sr 556. Whats the good, the bad and the ugly?
96Cube

Postby St8Shooter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:27 am

Ruger has now corrected the problem. Mine now shows no sign of CT. Fatastic weapon and extremely accurate.
St8Shooter

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:57 am

I have a Bushmaster and it has been completely trouble free, accurate and built to last. You can't go wrong with one!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Rifles