>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Ruger 10/22 Reviews

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Postby robert98597 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:02 am

I just got one for Xmas. I fired about 400 rounds thru it on Xmas day. No problems other then I used a box of CCI blazer ammo that was bought in 1987, when I bought a daisy legacy. I had 2 no fires with them. I was in the army at the time. when I went to Korea in 1989 I put the Legacy & the ammo in a case in my mother in law's attic. I actually forgot the rifle was there until My wife gave me this on Xmas day. I got the legacy out & fired the ammo. The price tag on the box of 500 rounds was $7.99. I wish i could find that today. anyway the 10/22 was a HOOT to shoot. looking for a 2X scope to mount. anybody know where i can get magazines for my daisy Legacy in .22Lr?
robert98597

Postby markej4801 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Spent a couple of hours at the range today. Threw a bunch of lead downrange. That was fun and a good review, but not the best part of the visit. Got to work with three young boys, their first time at this range, one with a brand new Ruger SR22, tactical version of our beloved 10/22. The other two had not handled firearms before and I had the pleasure of helping them across the threshold to a whole new world. We all shared weapons back and forth, they and their fathers and me and enjoyed the comaraderie of the art. Still basking in that glow. If you haven't experienced the joy of sharing your knowledge, puny or extensive, you have not yet scratched the surface of gun ownership. Try it today.
markej4801

Previous

Return to Rifles