>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Rifles

Plum Crazy/Spikes combo

Discuss and review rifles and caribines with others who have a passion for long range precision shooting.

Plum Crazy/Spikes combo

Postby whitehood » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 pm

This is great combo. I put a PC lower on a Spikes Lightweight upper with a pencil barrel and topped it with a moderately priced Vortex red dot and a Magpul BUIS. Simply flawless. It's an easy 2 MOA until it get hot. It was sighted in with M855 seconds without a single malfunction. I'm also impressed with the Vortex Red Dot. I'm a bit concerned about the BUIS. It's strictly an emergency sight only. The whole rig comes in a bit over 5 pounds.
whitehood

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:14 am

That sounds like a nice set up WH! I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth! Happy New Year!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby whitehood » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:50 am

Nah, I'm doing fine, just busy as sin in a cathouse. I've got another Plum Crazy lower that I'm just about finished with. I'm still waiting on the BUIS and haven't decided on the main sight yet. I'll go looking for lost coins today to pay for it.
whitehood

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:20 pm

WH, I'm ready to see a picture or two of your last build. It would certainly help calm the curiousity you've built up in my mind!! I'm still hoping to get that Nikon 223 optic you told me about, just haven't had the cash to do it. They've come out with some new models as well that look pretty interesting. Have you had the chance when the cathouse allows to look at them? Whatever it is, it's good to hear from you! Take care buddy!! Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Re: Plum Crazy/Spikes combo

Postby GOANRA » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm

WH, isn't the PlumCrazy lower polymer? Got to love a 5 lb weight, but I don't think I'm ready to trust a polymer lower.
I went with the 6720 since the pencil bbl gives it a perfect balance. Not sold on the Ma-Tech BUIS even though the military is picking them up. Quick adjust from 200-600 yards? I can fit a barn in the aperature at 100 yards. LOL

I'll be looking for a decent optic for it. EoTech or a decent RedDot would prob serve me best since I doubt I'd be interested in anything beyond 200 yards.

I tried a 2x6x24 on a A1 M4 Bush (handle mount), that worked quite well with the 50yd/200 yd sight-in. With decent ammo pushing $400. a box, its tough to save for decent glass.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Return to Rifles