>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Charles Daly Field Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Charles Daly Field Reviews

Postby brentj_2u » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:44 pm

This is the worst gun ive ever had the misfortune to own! Ive had it for 4 yrs and EVERY year, thats 4 times now ive had to send it in for repairs in the middle of hunting season. Sure they pay for the shipping and fix it for free but when you lose the last part of of your hunting season 4 seasons in a row thas not a good thing. Mine now sits the safe taking up space because thats all the piece of juck is worth.
brentj_2u

Postby glockmeister » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:56 pm

Its not too bad of a gun, it is 100% intercangeable with Rem. 11-87 parts. My only knock on it is the fact that the recoil spring looks like it is smaller in wire diameter than a standard paperclip.
glockmeister

Postby glockmeister » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:58 pm

brnetJ, with all of the wackos that live in CA. They still let you hunt?? Not a dig at anyone except for the looneys that live in your state.
glockmeister

Postby DAMDIRTYAYP7 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:34 pm

Brent, you must have gotten a bad apple. I LOVE my CD. Of course I did get made fun of in the duck blind, but my autoloader was the only one that did'nt jam. And I hunt with guys who shoot specifically benellis and franchis. It's clean and go, and trust me, it's fell flat in the mud of the LA swamp and still shot pretty well.
DAMDIRTYAYP7

Postby bradsmith » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:45 pm

does any one know why the shells wont eject automatically?
bradsmith

Postby DAMDIRTYAYP7 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:51 pm

Mine eject fine, Brad:-D

Now for the bad

Charles Daly seems to have a "parts issue". If you go to the website, 80% of the parts and accessories are on backorder. If you call, you get a "mom and pop" type operation, who could care less if you get the correct part or not. Wonder what this is about. I still stand by my original post though!!!
DAMDIRTYAYP7

Postby rlamma » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:12 pm

For what good it may do, I bought a 20ga for my 8yr old and it wouldn't even function w low brass. With the high brass (Remington express #6 or larger shot) it would function but sometimes hang. I finally gave up and lent it to our hired hand to shoot and shoot and shoot........ End of day, it must have been a break in issue since after 500+ rounds it will now function w low brass.

I guess whoever is producing the autoloader for Daly now may not have the details on their mind. Details may include,,,, THIS P.O.S WON"T WORK.....
rlamma

Postby vomitbag » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:10 am

I own the Charles Daly Field “Tactical” 12 ga. Just got back from the range. Now, over 50 rounds fired. No jams, this gun works great! I paid just over $200 out the door! You cannot beat the price. Remember, this gun is made in Turkey, and the Turkish are getting better at making guns, and better known for their guns. There is only one warning with this gun. It kicks like a stubborn old mule. I’m going to get a Knoxx Stock and hopefully that will take care of the kick. As a side note, for the Charles Daly Field guns I read the “Knoxx Stock” for the Mossberg 500, will fit this gun. I have not confirmed yet but there is the lead. - Great Buy, reliable, highly recommended.
vomitbag

Postby SteelersX6jeepers1 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:48 am

I just bought a new CD semi-auto field hunter in 12 ga. I took it out to the trap range yesterday and put 100 rounds through... flawless. I paid $279 out the door for this shotgun and am very pleased with it's performance and the ease in cleaning it. Of course, it's only 100 rounds, the true test comes over time. At this point, however, I have no complaints whatsoever.
SteelersX6jeepers1

Postby apasser87 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 pm

okay so bought the cd field 12 ga today and we bught 5 slugs with it .... does it make a difference if you have slugs in the holding chamber cuz there is only able to fit 3 slugs inthere... and it says that it can fit four... so is there a difference?
apasser87

Next

Return to Shotguns