>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Shotguns

Stoeger Condor Reviews

Discuss and review the most versatile firearm available.

Stoeger Condor Reviews

Postby flushingpheasant » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:42 am

Purchased mine recently and am impressed with the build quality for the $$$. This puts a blue collar "Joe six pack" like me in an excellent swinging pheasant gun that I couldn't afford from the other manufacturers! Shoot more and more often!
flushingpheasant

Postby texroe » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:21 pm

I have put this gun thru it's paces, after 3 years of use and 3,000 rounds the gun is starting to fail.
texroe

Postby RodinBigBear » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:08 pm

I just bought a Condor and picked it up 2 days ago. Went shooting yesterday, it lasted 8 rounds and then fell apart. The forearm unlatches about every 8 shots, so when I open it the barrel falls off along with the forearm. I'm bringing it back to Bass Pro to see if they will fix it. I'll keep the story posted. Rod

8/10/2010 (update)

Took gun back to Bass Pro Shop and they said they have to send it back to Stoeger. They said they will call when it comes back. So far I have 2 trips to BPS. We will see how long it takes and IF they fix it. Rod

8/30/2010 (update)

It's been 20 days, nothing heard from Stoger or Bass Pro. Still waiting.....

Ok, I got my shotgun back from Stoeger repair in 21 days. When I looked at the forearm latch that they replaced it still didn't look like it was latching/locking correctly. It felt a little bit better but it didn't look to me like it was closing all the way. Never the less, I thought maybe it was fixed, after all what do I know about guns.

So, the next day I took it out to test the repair. It did last longer then it had, but it only lasted 48 doubbles (24 openings) before it all fell apart when I opened it. Stoger did NOT fix the problem.

Now I have about 10 hours invested in driving back and forth to Bass Pro, and about $60 in gas. AND I STILL DON'T HAVE A GUN I CAN SHOOT.

I'll keep you posted. Rod
RodinBigBear

Postby RodinBigBear » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:56 pm

I posted a long story about my Stoeger Condor and I can't get back into it to edit it so here is an update;

Bass Pro bought the gun back from me after I spent 5 hours calling and complaining that Stoeger didn't fix it. They wanted to send it back to Stoeger for a second try but I said no way, if they couldn't fix it the first time then forget it.

Anyway, needless to say I don't have a 12 ga o/u yet.

Thanks, Rod
RodinBigBear

Postby Bazerkly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:27 am

I own a 12 gauge Stoeger Condor Competition. The gun is an excellent buy for the money. I have fired over 1,000 rounds with no problems. The gun is well built but don't expect the detail work found on Browning's, Baretta's ect. The one down side to the gun is it's weight, it is heavy. I use the gun for Trap but it's too heavy and bulky for Skeet. I use a 20 gauge and .410 Condor for Skeet.
Bazerkly

Postby Bazerkly » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 am

I have both a 20 gauge and .410 O/U Condor. Other than caliber and barrel length they are quite similar. The 20 gauge has a 28" barrels with removable chokes. The .410 has 26" barrels with fixed, full chokes. I have had no problems with either gun. The only issues are that you cannot choose barrels, the lower barrel always fires first. I use both guns for skeet so it's not a problem. The second issue is that you must switch the safety off every time you load. I also have a Condor 12 gauge Competition.
Bazerkly

Postby RodinBigBear » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:40 am

I ended up buying a Mossberg Silver Reserve for around $550 and am VERY happy with the quality and performance.

Thanks, Rod
RodinBigBear

Postby kwstas » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:46 pm

You can send this shotgun in Cyprus?

If you can, how about, will be the transportation costs?

410 gauge 28''
kwstas

Return to Shotguns