>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta Px4 Storm Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby bjislost » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:13 pm

I just bought the Beretta PX4 Storm, F-type, in .40 cal. I have not yet received it, but I was wondering what are some recommendations for ammo, both target and protection?
bjislost

Postby TV81 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:19 am

Just purchased a Berretta Px4 storm pistol. Took it to the range and fired 300 rounds of assorted factory ammo. Wow, this gun impressed me. I have quite a collection pistols. This did not miss a beat. This was as accurate as i could be. This gun is truly a sleeper!! Perfect function,accurate enough for me form 7 to 25 yards.It comes with three different grips to choose from for any hand size. Well built and easy to shoot. Outshot my Glock 23 40S&W with ease. Glow sights are really bright for a short time. Would reccommend this gun for anyone who is looking for a solid 40 cal. at a good price berretta did this one right.
TV81

Postby berettafool » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:45 pm

In response to bjislost, for personal pretection, you cant go wrong with COR-BON - and for range rounds, Winchester FMJs have been great for me.
berettafool

Postby JJHamilton » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:29 pm

I had this gun for 3 months now and without a doubt it does have some great points, low low recoil, excellent ergonomices....but it does lack decent night sights, and finish is not anywhere close to glock-like tough..i have wear marks on the tip just from holster...and the nightsights are laughable...but change sights redo finish after awhile great gun..very accurate and you cant beat 17 round 9mm clips!!!!
JJHamilton

Postby PasadenaDan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:57 am

I got the .40 px4 back in July and put about 1000 rounds to date. No problems at all! Little recoil , easy cleaning. This is my 1st handgun purchase and I am glad I made the choice. I am in the Los Angeles area and these guns in a .40 cal are VERY hard to find.
PasadenaDan

Postby Buzz » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:43 pm

I can not say enough about the PX4 Storm. I have carried and used the 92fs and that was my favorite handgun for years. But I have to say this PX4 storm is by far the most awesome I have ever owned. If I was to find one fault it is that my wife wont let me sleep with it. And to a Marine that is important. PX4 Storm dont leave home without it.
Buzz

Postby mpanova » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:57 am

i thought about this gun before i got the 24/7 pro .45, anyone know if they plan to make a .45 vesion?
mpanova

Postby Buzz » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:49 am

I have not heard if Beretta pans to make a PX4 Storm in 45 Caliber. If they do I will get one.. Earlier I made a review and somehow hit the wrong button, where it came out 4 and a half. I would rate the PX4 storm a 6 if I could
Buzz

Postby boomselectah » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:52 pm

i am replying to a question DUCKTWACY asked about looking for a reliable magazine distributor. i usually go to their store here in Dallas, but they have an online website and im sure they will be more than happy to help you find what you are looking for. they have been so helpful to me, i was looking for a high cap magazine for my P99 and was constantly running into 15 rounders, when i know they make 16 round mags for my pistol. as i owned one already. when they finally did get a shipment in of magazines the guys wife, (i cant think of her name at this point) put the ONE 16 round magazine aside for me and called me right away. she also contacted me by email and she even stayed a bit later than closing waiting for me to come pick it up after i got off from work. the website, if you are interested, is www.bigstatedist.com .. they have some pretty unbeatable prices too! check em out! since i found out about them ive bought all of my subsequent magazines from them.
boomselectah

Postby big_quillie » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:13 am

I bought the px4 just shortly after it came out. Ive since put approximately 1000 rounds through it. I like the inerchangeable back straps and I really like the fact that its ambidextrious since I am a lefty. The only complaints that I have is that the finish on the slide is couldnt be worse if I had spray painted it on myself and the front sight superluminova dot fell out on me one day at the range. However a bad finish and crappy sights are well made up for by the accuracy and comfortability of the pistol.
big_quillie

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols