>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Beretta 3032 Tomcat Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby johnnyz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Blev, Sorry on the lingo. Foot Pounds Energy=FPE. Chrono=chronograph for velocity

So many good pistols and revolvers to choose from. The Ruger LCP or an Airlite S&W revolver in .38. (I fit a S&W .357 Airlite in my front jeans pocket and it weighs less than the Tomcat) Sig has a new sub-compact 9mm. Seecamp, NAA.
johnnyz

Postby Doriadiver » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Blev, it's a Piece of CRAP. Mine cracked and eventually was replaced by Beretta, sold it that day and bought a Kahr. Should have done it sooner and avoided all the headache. You will be sorry if you purchase this gun sooner or later...hopefully it is not in a situation when your life or that of a loved one is on the line. I'm not a Beretta hater (like some people on this site) I own 3 others. But never again the 3032 Tomcat!
Doriadiver

Postby Blev » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for all the info :)
Blev

Postby talionstallion21 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Blev -- the 3032 tomcat is fine in INOX form. It has a wider slide that doesn't crack the frame. The older matte black and blue tom's have a frame cracking problem related to the slide. The newer matte black tom's have a new, wider slide that has corrected the problem. If you are looking for matte black, then make sure it has the new "wide slide". Otherwise look for a used or new Tomcat in INOX (some call it stainless steel). No problems with that tomcat. Do your homework, check out the Beretta Forum if you want to get more info. Search under "Tomcat" and all the good and bad will come up. I would own a Tomcat in INOX.
talionstallion21

Postby johnnyz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Sorry tallionstallion, You are mistaken. The INOX frame is the same alloy with the fault, weakness, problem, whatever. Mine cracked. I asked Beretta if they addressed the problem by a redesign. "No need," they said. It is very rare and if it does crack again, I have the best manufacturer standing behind me.

It took the best manufacturer 4 months, 1/3 of an entire year to replace the INOX that broke. As rare as they claim it would be, I am sure the replacement would have cracked again and in the same place.

Wide slide is a nice story, but it didn't save my frame from the notrorius crack.

Not trying to be down on Beretta or the Tomcat without justification. It is junk. I have had dealing with other manufacturers that do back flips to fix problems. Beretta fed me BS.

Sometimes you wonder how customer service will treat you with any number of products. I know how Beretta will treat me as I lived it. Can't buy another Beretta product, and I am not down on them as a naysayer. This is their fault.
johnnyz

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:32 am

Absolutely correct JohnnyZ. The INOX is not a solution to this problem. In no way, shape. or form. Sorry 21, but your information is incorrect. Please review the years of true life experiences here and elsewhere. Seriously, those of you that believe this POS is worth $400+ dollars in any form, should go ahead and buy it!! We'll wait to hear back! Trust me, it won't take long!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Doriadiver » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:03 am

The Tomcat is a POS! Plain and simple and unfortunately, Berettas customer service is a joke. Had a problem with a Sig...gun was BACK in my hands in 2 weeks. Beretta took over 3 months to correct the CRACK issue, an obvious mfg./design defect. They replaced it finally and now the person I sold it to is having issues. I have 3 other Berettas I love. I wouldn't buy the Tomcat for a door stop. It would CRACK!
Doriadiver

Postby Blev » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 pm

Unfortunately I have read on the Beretta forums of the wide slides cracking in the frame too. I will not buy one until they change that aluminum alloy frame out.
Blev

Postby Shadow74 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:24 pm

PURE UNADULTERATED CRAP! SAVE YOUR MONEY.
Shadow74

Postby jakeintexas » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Just finished my fifth full box of .71 grain Winchester .32 acp through my new Tomcat wide slide. Had two failures to feed in the first 20 rounds. Did a bit of polishing on the follower and no problems since. Mine is the matte finish and with the wide slide I think they have solved the cracking problem as long as we stay with the recommended rounds. I want to put a couple of more boxes through it before I trust it as a carry but so far, so good. My only complaint is room for my two fat little fingers on the grip but by adding a Hogue sleeve it really helped. I'll give it a four star right now and unless it really disappoints me in the next few boxes, I'll be back to add the fifth.
jakeintexas

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols