>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Glock 36 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby weekendfunandgun » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:22 am

How about a conversion kit? Anyone tried a conversion kit with this gun?
weekendfunandgun

Postby weekendfunandgun » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:33 pm

Has anyone here tried those shot shell (sometimes called "snakeshot") rounds through this gun? or any other Glock? What were the results?
weekendfunandgun

Postby Ky-Glockman » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:38 am

No I havent used shot shells in my G30 but I am very curious to know also weekend if they work good in glocks.
Ky-Glockman

Postby weekendfunandgun » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:20 am

yeah, i have used them in my rossi .357 and the work just fine. i of course use .410 shells in my Taurus 410, but it was made for that purpose. but these are both revolvers, i have never tried it in an autoloader.

thanks to florida's "castle doctrine" i no longer have to worry about prosecution or personal lawsuits for shooting at a threat. i sorta like the idea of starting with a couple of these snakeshot deals as a last ditch effort to change the attackers mind in a hurry without killing him.

used to be that if you pulled your gun and fired, you better kill the attacker or 4 months later he'd be testifying at YOUR trial. now that death is required to save your own ass from prosecution a less lethal ammo might be preferred so long as it cycles properly.

Well, if any gun will cycle it well it would by my Glock or my M&P. maybe i will pick some up at the next gun show and give it a try. i'll be sure to post the results when I do.
weekendfunandgun

Postby g4l » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:38 am

what is this ammo your talking about? at the range last week i found this unfired .22 round with a plastic cap over tiny balls of metal or whatever inside, is this something close to what your talking about?
g4l

Postby weekendfunandgun » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:53 am

yep, that's the stuff. instead of a single projectile coming out of the gun, you get many tiny balls of lead/steel/whatever that spread much like a shotgun round. the advertised use if for killing snakes or small vermon, but it can also be used as a less lethal defense round. it has tremendous knock down power because every bit of the energy is deposited in the target as the tiny balls are to small to pass through an average body cavity. or, fired toward the face it would make swiss cheese of the attacker without killing him. thereby leaving him a constant reminder that a lifestyle of carjacking and robbing people in mall parking lots is just not worth the consequence.

and the big plus is that i will be able to sleep better at not knowing that i have never murdered anyone (even if it's in self defense, that can still be hard to live with.)
weekendfunandgun

Postby ANTI-XD » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:28 am

ok those little sprulls in the barrell will cause the show to SPIN like crazy , you would have to be Super close for them to hit any thing I have seen the 45 shot shells paderned out of a 45 handgun and man that snake shot is just that snake shot, unless your super close other than that you'll have some dangerous projectiles going all over the place
ANTI-XD

Postby g4l » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:19 am

If someones putting me or a loved one in harms way I want the most effective round in my gun, I wouldn't play with less effective ammo, you might need the deadly brain shot first, if thats what was required to save me or family, ya I could live with it, and you also have the comfort of knowing he'll never harm anyone again.
g4l

Postby g4l » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:22 am

With the warm weather approaching me soon I'm starting to think about the 36 again, the 30 beat it last time, but I'm not sure who the contender will be, maybe the 27.
g4l

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:26 am

You can't really go wrong eitther way. Between those three guns the biggest difference is how it feels in your holster. Any one of them should do the job.
weekendfunandgun

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols