>
Board Index Getting Started New Gun Owners

First handgun suggestions

A place for people new to the firearm community to ask questions.

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:27 pm

You should really enjoy your PX4. I don't have one but have handled one and know many that have fired them. It's a fine handgun and you should get many years of good reliable service from it.

I own several handguns and just recently purchased a Bersa Thunder Ultra Carry SC in 9mm. It's one of the nicest, most reliable, easy to shoot, easy to field strip, accurate guns I own. The price of $300 at a gun show made it an absolute treasure!! Anyone considering a first or fifth gun should look at a Bersa. They're a fantastic pistol that comes at half the price of anything as good!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:56 pm

There is a bit of a difference between the PX4 and the SC. Being I'm not a big guy, (130lbs.) I had problms with the SC with FTE's, but I had none with the regular size model. I can't blame the Gun, the 300 lb Rangemaster came in and had no problems with the SC, but he could hold it like it was in a vise. He told me I could not let it kick or it would jam and also mentioned it was not a good Weapon for smaller people or Women. Otherwise it seemed to be a well made Weapon. Luckilly they took it back!
Gloc9mm

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks Gloc, that was excellent advice!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Thank's Tigwelder,

I try my best to help where I can, but even after Carrying for 30 Yrs I can see you have a lot more experience than I with a lot more Weapons!

Good Luck, being I see in the Posts you just came back after having problems! Typical for Gun Sites! lol

I do enjoy reading your Posts!
Gloc9mm

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks Buddy! I'll never consider myself more experienced than anyone else. We can learn from each other on a daily basis and that's what brings me back that often!! If we don't share the knowledge we all have, we all lose. I don't want that to happen under any circumstances! I'm glad you're here!!

tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Thank You! I find this Site more user friendly than most others! I don't see everyone argueing here. lol

It is kind of silly of Mgmt. to screw around with a Moderator with 5700 Posts!
Gloc9mm

Previous

Return to New Gun Owners